We are a small independent Fly-Fishing Guide Service and Fishing Charter; started on August 14, 2013. Richard and colleagues are all licensed Fly-Fishing Guides, who take locals and tourists, beginners and experienced, on guided fly fishing trips on local, Northern California rivers. These locations include: Putah Creek near Napa Valley's Wine Country, the Lower Fork of the Yuba River in Old Gold Country's Marysville, shad on the American in April and May, and other rivers upon request.
Putah Creek is Richard's speciality. It is a tailwater; just below Lake Berryessa; a 4.5 mile stretch of clean, cold fresh water for the now native Rainbow Trout in the recently designated, Snow Mountain Lake Berryessa National Monument. Richard has partnered with Putah Creek Trout and the Heritage Wild Trout Program since 2008 to be a steward of this Northern California river by doing annual California Coastal Clean-Ups, and Putah Creek Surveys and Habitat Restoration on a regular basis.
- Half day (4-5 hours) for 1 or 2 persons - $385.
- Full day (7-8 hours) for 1 or 2 persons - $500.
- Includes rod, reel, waders and flys for use.
- Casting clinics available.
- Fly Fishing involves Catch-and-Release Method.
- Optimized locations on the Putah Creek, the Yuba River, and the American River have been selected by Richard.
- Day fishing licenses must be procured by customer at https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Online-Sales.
Fly Fishing LessonsFly Fishing Lessons - Richard is happy to teach an on the river "Intro to Fly Fishing" class for those beginners or enthusiasts who want basic fly fishing lessons. Please call or email if interested.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Upon confirmation of a fishing date, the client will deposit one half of the fee with Napa Valley Fly Guides (NVFG) via a check or Paypal.
Any trip cancelled less than seven days from the reserved date will be charged one half of the total fee. If a reservation is made less than seven days before the date of the trip, one half of the total fee will be charged if cancelled less than three days before the trip.
If a trip is cancelled due to weather or other reason by NVFG, your full deposit will be refunded.
- Napa Register newspaper article about Richard
- Trip Advisor
- Lost Coast Outfitters SF
- Napa Parks and Recreation
- Fishing License
- Dream Flows - daily updates on local rivers
- Archer Hotel, a boutique Hotel in Napa
- The Inn on First - a superb B&B in Napa
- Sweeneys Sports Store - a great resource for sporting goods
- CampFishHike.com - Camping, Fishing, Hiking and Hunting Gear, FREE SHIPPING
- InflatablePaddler.com - Best Inflatable Boat, Kayak and SUP Reviews
Northwest Fly Fishing Article About Putah Creek