We are a family-owned and operated, Mom-and-Pop Fly-Fishing Guide Service and Fishing Charter; started on August 14, 2013. Richard and colleagues are all licensed Fly-Fishing Guides, who take locals and tourists, beginners and experienced, on guided fly fishing trips on local, Northern California rivers. These locations include: Putah Creek, in Napa Valley's Wine Country; the Lower Fork of the Yuba River, in Old Gold Countrys' Marysville; the Stanislaus River outside Oakdale; and other rivers upon request.
Putah Creek is Richard's speciality. It is a tailwater; just below Lake Berryessa; a 4.5 mile stretch of clean, cold fresh water for the now native Rainbow Trout in the recently designated, Snow Mountain Lake Berryessa National Monument. Richard has partnered with Putah Creek Trout and the Heritage Wild Trout Program since 2008 to be a steward of this Northern California river by doing annual California Coastal Clean-Ups, and Putah Creek Surveys and Habitat Restoration on a regular basis.
- Half day (4-5 hours) for 1 or 2 persons - $325.
- Full day (7-8 hours) for 1 or 2 persons - $395.
- Includes rod, reel and flys for use. Some Wader sizes available for rental fee.
- Casting clinics available.
- Fly Fishing involves Catch-and-Release Method.
- Optimized locations on the Putah Creek, the Yuba River, and the Stanislaus River have been selected by Richard.
- Day fishing licenses must be procured by customer at https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Online-Sales.
Fly Fishing LessonsFly Fishing Lessons - Richard and Sarah Loft teach a quarterly "Intro to Fly Fishing" class for those beginners or enthusiasts who want basic fly fishing lessons, through the Napa Parks & Recreation Department. Please call or email if interested in these classes at 707-294-4738 firstname.lastname@example.org , or click here to register.
More than 72 hour notice is required to cancel, in order to be refunded your deposit. If a reservation is cancelled outside the 72 hour window of the reservation date, you are offered two options: 1) Use the full deposit as a credit that is valid for one year, or 2) Be refunded 85% of your deposit. 15% of the deposit is the fee charged for supplies already purchased and for the time blocked out on the guide's calendar. If a reservation is cancelled within the 72 hour window, your deposit is forfeit.